Quality documentation for quality care
Designed for physician practices, Dragon Medical Practice Edition achieves 99% accuracy out‑of‑the-box without requiring any voice profile training by amplifying a next generation speech engine with 90 medical specialty vocabularies combined with acoustic models based on the unique way physicians speak.
- Increase efficiency: Allows clinicians to create text up to five times faster than typing, saving clinicians at least 30 minutes a day to see more patients and boost practice profitability. Data created directly in the EHR is available immediately to the care team and administrative staff.
- Reduce transcription costs: Eliminates costs associated with transcriptionists when clinicians create and self‑edit their own documentation.
- Improve EHR usability: Speeds creation of high quality documentation in the EHR, accelerating adoption and allowing for more time with more patients. Clinicians use voice to navigate, dictate, and edit content inside EHR fields for increased productivity.
- Safe and sound: Supports HIPAA requirements for patient security and confidentiality by employing secure encryption methods throughout the workflow.
Highly accurate clinical speech recognition from the start
Gives physicians and other health care providers access to uninterrupted, high‑quality speech recognition even when reliable internet is not widely available. Providers can easily navigate and dictate medical decision‑making and treatment plans directly into a patient’s electronic record for a more complete story—all with less typing or clicking in the EHR.
- EHR compatibility: Allows users to insert auto-texts, navigate template fields, dictate and edit—and transfer text with a simple voice command, or dictate within EHR textbox fields with Dragon dictation box. Hybrid touch and keyboard interaction work seamlessly for controlling the DragonBar and other features.
- Continuous improvement: Uses advanced deep learning technology to constantly learn and adapt to voice and environmental variations (even during dictation) to continuously improve performance. Recognition analytics automatically detects poor audio input and alerts the user with advice to remedy the situation and ensure high‑accuracy results.
- Accurate dictation: Returns higher ‘out-of-the-box’ recognition for accented speakers through advanced adaptation techniques and accent-specific acoustic models based on the way clinicians speak—audio, syntax, style and structure—for remarkable accuracy.
- Personalized across workstations: Smart configuration automatically detects hardware resources and determines the best use of infrastructure for optimal performance. Clinicians can set auto‑formatting options and use a single voice command to create customized auto‑texts for frequently dictated content and access a library of macros for standard notes and ‘medical normals’ categorized by body system.
- RAM: Minimum 4GB
- CPU: Intel® dual core or equivalent AMD processor. Faster processors yield faster performance.
- Free hard disk space: 4GB
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8.1, 10 (32- and 64-bit); Windows Server 2008 R2 & 2012 R2
- Internet Explorer 11 or higher or the current version of Chrome or Firefox for Online Help
- A sound card supporting 16-bit recording
- Built-in microphone or a Nuance-approved microphone.
- An Internet connection for product download and automatic product activation (a quick anonymous process)